HTML/JavaScript





Thursday, December 31, 2009

It's snack time! (shh, don't tell the kiddos it's healthy)

I was looking for a recipe that was tasty, healthy and used ingredients I already had. Haha, I know, I want it all! I found a recipe for peanutbutter clusters, it wasn't quite what I wanted, but I thought I could work with it.

Here is what I came up with. It is something nice and easy that you can have the little ones help you with too.

Crispy Peanut Butter Balls

Ingredients:
10oz creamy peanut butter (I used approximately 1/3 of my 28oz jar)
3 TBSP honey (I just gave a couple good squirts)
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup oats
1/2 rice crispy cereal
1 tsp cinnamon

Put the peanut butter in a microwave safe dish and heat until it thins (it took me less than 60sec). Stir in the honey and cinnamon. Next, add the raisins, oats and cereal. Mix well. Use your hands (or even a melon baller) to tightly roll 1 inch balls. Chill them in the refrigerator on wax paper for several hours. Then enjoy!

These were Jocie's after nap snack today. She loved them (I thought they were pretty tasty too)!

No comments:

Post a Comment