HTML/JavaScript





Monday, March 8, 2010

toddler friendly jewelry

Does anyone else feel like they lost some style when you had kids? I pretty much gave up wearing jewelry and haven't been brave enough to start wearing it again. I've been wanting to try and make some jewelry that is a little more "toddler friendly". Has anyone else seen those jersey/t-shirt necklaces? SO cute! I thought I'd try my hand at one of these first. If you are looking for a tutorial, there is some great info here.

This is what I came up with. I used 2 plastic rings and covered them with satin ribbon, and then cut up one of my hubby's old charcoal gray t-shirts.

I'm not in love with it, but I think it is cute.



Sure enough Jocie managed to pull one of the strands off today, I think I'll have to go back and stitch it together.

2 comments:

  1. ha! I'm actually just starting to get into accesorizing with jewewlry and stuff. I never realized I might need to it be baby proof one day though, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forget one day, you should have some now for when you watch your nieces/nephews. (=

    ReplyDelete