HTML/JavaScript





Friday, March 19, 2010

if you don't want to know the answer...

Don't ask your hubby. lol Ok, I've found that there is no quicker way to throw water on my crafty fire than to ask my hubby what he thinks about my new project. It's not that he is not supportive, he really tries, but if it is a little "out there" he just thinks it is weird and doesn't know what to say.

I should know better, but...Tonight I trotted upstairs with my partially finished new necklace on and asked him what he thought. After a few seconds of watching his brain work in overdrive, he came up with, "it looks like a skirt...on your neck". I stared at him and then busted out laughing. I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to wear it without snickering a little and thinking of his eyes trying to hide his panic.

Once again, I'm trying to boost up my wardrobe with accessories. I'm still stuck on the jersey necklaces, and wanted to try my hand at a ruffle version, something kind of bold. I love these here...

Lacey ruffle necklace by Disney at Ruffles and Stuff

Ruffle necklaces at Tater Tots and Jello

Here is a sneak peak at what I'm working with.
I really do love the ruffles, and I just happened to have a ribbon the same exact color for the necklace. Sorry for the poor pic quality, I took this quickly inside tonight. Once it is done I'll take better ones out doors. I LOVE the color of this fabric, pale blue with a hint of green.


I glued this applique on felt to stabilize it, once it dries I'll add it to the necklace. I did say bold...


Once I finish it I will finally have something to submit to Disney's Ruffle Your Stuff contest!

No comments:

Post a Comment