HTML/JavaScript





Friday, April 30, 2010

stripes and roses

I just love this whole refashioning thing! I don't normally end up with what I initially intend on, but I guess half the fun is trial and error and seeing what I can come up with. In case you don't know, I'm a Target fanatic, lol. There are at least 3 Target stores within 15 minutes of me that I frequent. I would likely spend a lot more time there, just perusing their clearance (people have asked me where I find it...usually there are clearance signs, towards the back of the clothing depts and the back/ends of the aisles), but my toddler just isn't that patient. I frequently pick up clothing on clearance without trying it on, because seriously who does that with a toddler in tow, because I know I can just return it then next time I'm there if I don't like it. (=

I found this kind of boring tee, super cheap and I really liked the color of the stripes. I got it home to realize that I had a cotton print with tiny flowers in the same shade of green. I was originally going to attempt a tank with a yoke color, but my yoke turned out smaller than I wanted. I didn't want to totally scratch it, so I sewed the yoke on the shirt, and trimmed around the top portion. Then I hand stitched 3 rosettes onto the yoke. I think it turned out cute! Not just another boring tee.




linked up at


Show and Tell Green
make it wear it

Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!

6 comments:

  1. It looks great! A nice added detail! Thanks for linking up to Make It Wear It @ TheTrainToCrazy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out nice! I like the floral against the stripes. Cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! I need to add some little roses to a maternity shirt...
    Thanks for linking up to Friday Fun Finds this week... :)

    ReplyDelete