HTML/JavaScript





Friday, January 8, 2010

FL here we come...with new DVD case in tow!

I'm so excited about our trip to FL! Jocie and I are going to spend 10 days with my parents. It's been so cold up here, I really hope FL warms up before we get there. lol I think I've finally finished that projects that I "had" to get done before we left. Remember me mentioning the DVD case when I made the case for our camera? Well, it is done and will be great for taking the DVD player on the plane with us.

I bought this purple fabric a while ago to make nursing capes, but I wound up with almost 6 yards so I have LOTS of it. I did make my sister-in-law a cape with the fabric and love the way it turned out. I figured it would work well for this project too. I used this great tutorial again, only I made a shorter strap for simply carrying it by hand.



We just have a portable DVD player so I debated whether or not to add the divider inside, but Billy thought it would be good to have a section to carry a couple DVDs as well. The only thing I would change is that I would have skipped the batting for the divider, it really wasn't needed for this one and just added bulk.


Here it is with the player and 2 DVD cases in it. I found two cases that house two DVDs each, I took out the paper cover and put two of Jocie's DVDs in each. That way we have 4 movies that only take up the space of two.

Here is the back pocket with the cords. Yay!


Here's hoping I remember to have it fully charged for our trip! (=

2 comments: