HTML/JavaScript





Saturday, July 24, 2010

order up

Lately I have been up to my eyeballs in orders and sewing projects for friends. A nice stretch of my creativity. First up, curtain panels out of a flat bed sheet. Flat sheets are actually great to use as curtains. You can find some cute prints, usually cheaper than you could buy that yardage at a fabric store. In my case, I turned one flat sheet into 4 panels, but it could easily be a no sew project if you use the top/wide hem at the top as the rod panel.

These are going to look so cute in a little girl's bedroom (they certainly go nicely with my daughter's pale purple walls).


This mama just had a new baby, she had ordered this nursing cape, so I wanted to make something that went with it. I made a couple of burp cloths, similar to these, but I drafted my own pattern (bigger!) and added a panel of matching fabric on the flannel side. So soft and cozy.


Fun stuff!

3 comments:

  1. These are lovely pieces ~ you did a wonderful job! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah,
    Thanks for commenting on my blog! To answer your question, you sew through both layers of fabric when making the zig zag gathered flowers.
    happy crafting!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete