HTML/JavaScript





Wednesday, February 3, 2010

pretty darn good (for you) cupcake muffins

Jocie and I were stuck inside today, more wintry weather and a car that doesn't like the snow. I've been meaning to start making more (healthy) bread items for breakfast, we seem to get bored so quickly. I remembered the cake recipe I had used for Jocie's first birthday and decided to give it a try as muffins (cupcakes?). It was a no sugar/eggs recipe and I added dates for some extra yummy goodness. I used the Apple Spice Cake recipe on Wholesome Baby Food.com.

1/2 cup molasses
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1-3/4 cup flour
1 tsp ginger

Mix the molasses and applesauce in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.

I added about 1/2 cup of chopped dates and then popped the muffins in the oven at 375 for about 18 minutes. They turned out very yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment